1 Day OReillys and Lamington National Park Tour from Brisbane & Gold Coast
See the stunning scenery at Mount Tamborine and the World Heritage listed Lamington National Park.
- Departs Daily from Brisbane & Gold Coast
- Group Size 35
- VehicleAir-Conditioned Coach
- Mobile ticketing accepted
- No credit card fees
- 7 days a week support
- Courtesy pick-up and drop-off from selected Brisbane or Gold Coast Accommodation
- Visit O’Reilly’s Interpretive Rainforest Centre
- Visit O’Reilly’s Tree Top Walk
- Visit Lookout stop and Gallery Walk
- Experienced Tour Guide
- Optional Japanese (Nijonggo) commentary also available
Iconic O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat is situated in the heart of the World Heritage listed Lamington National Park with spectacular panoramic views of the McPherson Ranges.
The scenic drive will take us via quaint Tamborine Mountain’s shopping precinct through the township of Canungra and the fertile Canungra Valley army training grounds, before climbing 1000 meters through subtropical rainforest to the scenic Treetop Walk.
Enroute we will also visit the Alpaca Farm with its unique alpaca products, softer than cashmere. The scenery is absolutely stunning and tables at the cafe have an incredible view stretching across to Tamborine Mountain and the Gold Coast.
- Head inland into the mountain range of Eucalypt Forest
- Mount Tamborine in the Gold Coast hinterland
- Mount Tamborine offers a wonderful opportunity to wander through Gallery Walk – a collection of restaurants, galleries, wineries and a cheese factory
- Perhaps enjoy a local speciality at Granny Mac’s – tantalizing fudge and confectionery made on the premises! What a treat! (own expense)
- Wind your way through the forest to ‘The Goat’s Track‘ – original logging route and the only road to O’Reilly’s
- The spectacular scenery of ancient Beech trees and sub-tropical rainforests
- Pass the Kokoda Army Barracks – Jungle Warfare Training Centre
- Lamington National Park – gazetted in 1944 and heritage listed for its significant species of flora and fauna
- Hear stories of the heroic rescue by Bernard O’Reilly’s of the Stinson plane crash survivors and fascinating life of these early pioneers
- Immerse yourself in the surrounds of the sub-tropical rainforest of the Green Mountains
- Visit O’Reilly’s on the top of the mountain
- See the rich variety of bird life who call this paradise home – chance to feed the beautiful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots (own expense)
- O’Reilly’s Mountain Cafe – enjoy spectacular views of the mountain range while dining from the balcony (optional-extra cost)
- Enjoy spectacular views of the mountain ranges
The below itinerary can change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.